January 8, 2020 - 6th Grade Parent Night for 2020-2021
February 12, 2020 - 5th Grade Parent night for 2020-2021
5th to 6th Grade Parent Night Presentation 2020-2021 School Year
6th to 7th and 7th to 8th Grade Scheduling
It is very important for parents of all students but especially 6th and 7th grade parents to be sure they know their login information for home access. Parents of 6th and 7th grade students will need this login information to select courses online beginning in January 2020. If parents use their child’s information they will not be able to access the teacher recommendations and to select courses. If you do not know your parent login information please contact the email@example.com for help. Thank you!
7th to 8th Grade Parent Night Presentation 2020-2021 School Year
Click the link below for instructions on how to choose your child’s courses for the upcoming school year.
Timeline of Events
January 24 – February 3
Teachers will be making course recommendations for all 6th grade students and entering them into Home Access Center (HAC)
Guidance Counselors will visit 6th grade classrooms to talk about the online course selection process
February 11 – 20
HAC will be open for parents to review teacher course recommendations and can make changes or accept all course recommendations. After February 20, changes must be communicated to your child’s guidance counselor directly.
PERFORMING MUSIC COURSE CHANGES (BAND/CHORUS/ORCHESTRA)
Any student wishing to drop or change a performing music course will have until the last day of September to complete the performing course change form and return it to the guidance office.
Students are required to secure a parent signature and the performing music teacher signature on the performing course change form prior to submitting the form to the guidance office.
8th to 9th Grade Scheduling Information for 2020-2021
- PHS Course Selection Book
- January 3, 2020 All 8th grade students will visit PHS to hear department presentations
- January 6, 2020 High school counselors will visit OMS/SMS to present scheduling information and process to 8th grade students, students receive copy of Course Registration Booklet
- January 6, 2020 Parent Night Presentation at PHS 7:00 pm
- January 13-17, 2020 Students review core teacher recommendations and review elective course requests
- January 21-28, 2020 8th Grade Counselors check for missing course selections
- January 29 - February 20, 2020
- February 21, 2020 8th grade Verification Forms are sent home to parent through HAC
- February 21-26 8th grade parents review selected courses and contacts guidance with changes, if needed
- 8th to 9th Grade PowerPoint Presentation